What's new at the ACFR?
- ABC Rural article featuring the IEEE RAS Summer School on Agricultural Robotics (SSAR2015), including interview with organiser and presenter, Dr Robert Fitch.
- James Ward was interviewed by Channel 7 on a story on safety tips for drones given as Christmas presents.
- Steven Scheding, along with some other Australian experts in autonomous vehicles, took part in IEEE's panel seminar on Self Driving Cars: Fiction or Reality. The event was held at the Wesley Conference Centre on October 30th.
- Congratulations and well done to Professor Salah Sukkarieh who has won a 2014 NSW Science & Engineering Award in the category of Excellence in Engineering and Information and Communications Technologies.
- Congratulations to Professor Salah Sukkarieh on winning the Australian Vegetable Industry Researcher of the Year award for 2014. This award is given based on research track record, communication of research outcomes and how the researcher contributes to work that advances the reputation of Australian science internationally. This award is well deserved and is also in recognition to the hard work of the team.
- Congratulations to William Reid on winning third place in the 2014 MathWorks Student Simulink Challenge with his entry 'Moving MAMMOTH - Motion control of a reconfigurable rover.' See his entry here.
- The first InSPiRE (Inter-university Postgraduate Research Excellence) event will be held in Sydney! This week-long postgraduate event is a collaboration between five universities: University of Sydney, Macquarie University, University of Technology, University of Western Sydney and the University of New South Wales. The program features guest speakers, interactive workshops and networking events. InSPiRE aims to encourage postgraduate researchers to interact with students from other universities to share resources and expertise, develop new collaborations and networks valuable for student’s future careers. Each day of the conference will be held on a different University campus with a dedicated theme. InSPiRE runs from 14-18 July 2014. Full program available here. Registration is now closed.